For many, the possibility of seeing the northern lights is the reason for a visit to Iceland during the winter. The season, with its pure and crisp air, offers some of the best conditions for seeing stars and frequent sightings of the Northern lights.
The Northern Lights, also known as the Aurora Borealis, are a spectacular natural phenomenon, often seen dancing around in fantastic colors across the Icelandic Arctic sky. See if you can spot them for yourself on a 3-hour evening car or Minibus tour from Reykjavik.
The Northern lights are caused by the interaction of particles from the sun’s solar energy with the upper atmosphere of the earth near the area of the North Pole. This reaction creates this wonderful light effect, known as the Aurora Borealis.
The locations visited differ from day-to-day, but you will head in the direction with the most chance of seeing Mother Nature at work. As the tour is weather dependent, and sightings are not guaranteed, you are also invited to join another Northern Lights tour free of charge if the lights don’t appear.
- Free WI-FI Log on and enjoy unlimited free browsing
- English-speaking guide
- 3-hour tour searching for the Northern Lights
- Pick-up outside your accommodation or the nearest bus stop of your accommodation in Reykjavik
- Round trip excursion
- Drop off outside your accommodation or the nearest bus stop of your accommodation in Reykjavik
What’s not included
- Refreshments not included
- Warm Clothes
- We pick you up outside your accommodation or the nearest bus stop of your accommodation. Please be ready to leave at the start of the pick up, 30 minutes before departure.
Know before you go
- Seeing the Northern Lights is not guaranteed even though the tour is operated. The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and as part of nature, uncontrollable. The supplier does not offer refunds for customers that have joined the tour but instead offers you the chance to reschedule for free on the next tour that is operated.
- Please check your emails for any updates before the tour and ask the receptionist of your hotel if the tour is running as usual
- Remember to dress warmly
- Tour may be canceled due to bad weather
- Warm and waterproof clothes
From September 15 to October 14, at 9:00pm
From October 15 to February 15, at 8:00pm
From February 16 to March 31, at 9:00pm